We then went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Monell's. Then afterwards we watched the fireworks and ate homemade icecream. The kids were tuckered out by the time we made it to the van. And on Saturday, we bought some "snake away" and ate lunch with Aunt Tonya. And after Mike spread the snake stuff, we loaded up and went home.
Now, I am sure you are wondering about the Snake Away. On Friday, as Mike and I got back to Tonya's from our Starbucks run, we spotted a snake in the flower bed. I went in and we watched as Mike tried to "dispose" of it. But he was unsucessful and Jake the Snake, as we named him, made another appearance as we were getting the van to go to the Science Center. We all screamed (except for Mike), jumped in the van and squealed tires getting out of there. So yesterday they spread the snake repellant and hopefully he won't be back. If he does come back, Tonya will be looking for a new place to live.
It's always an adventure going to Aunt Tonya's!
Daddy and Emma at the park
Aunt Tonya and Gabe
Aunt Tonya and Emma
Our family
Emma and Gabe at Aunt Tonya's house
Daddy and Gabe at the Adventure Science Center
The Tharpes
In front of our favorite restaurant, Monell's!
Gabe smiling for mommy at the park
Mommy and Gabe at the Science Center
Emma and Aunt Tonya at the Science Center
Dr. Emma
Emma the Archaeologist!
2 comments:
You are such a great wife lying for your husband like that! You know Mike screamed when he saw the snake!
It was so great to hear from you. Sounds like Tonya was the "hostess with the mostess!" I hadn't heard about the snake! YIKES! Tonya is great! We love her so much! Your kiddos are precious! I'll add you to my friends list! :-)
Post a Comment