Of course, Emma's teacher was as shocked as we were. And she was so sad to find out that she was losing half her class--she has invested a lot of time and caring into our children. She sent us the sweetest email--it made me cry! She was as devastated as we were! But she assured us that she was working closely with Mrs. Blanc (the new teacher), and that she was making a portfolio for each student to help Mrs. Blanc know what level each student it on, etc. They are trying to make the transition as easy as possible. And Mrs. Blanc spent a lot of time in their classroom that week, and then the kids went to their new classroom one day and spent a few hours getting to know her. And Emma came home with nothing but good things to say about Mrs. Blanc! She won Emma over--that's for sure! But still I had a few questions, so...
The morning of Emma's Christmas party, I walked her to class. Mrs. Blanc had sent home a note the following evening telling us that she would be in her classroom Friday morning if we wanted to stop by and meet her. So after I dropped Emma off, I went to the Kindergarten wing and met Mrs. Blanc. And she is wonderful. Just from the 30 minutes or so that I spent there talking with her, I could tell what a loving, caring and motivated teacher that she is! I walked away feeling very confident and reassured that Emma was going to do just fine, and that everything was going to be fine! It will be a fairly small class--19 students--12 from Emma's split class and then a few more from the other 3 Kindergarten classes. Of course, it will be the class with the more advanced children. That was my main concern--Mrs. Mackey was teaching at a faster pace and more advanced level--we didn't want Emma to get "bored" with repetition. But it sounds like they already have that part worked out. And Emma is very excited about having Mrs. Blanc--so now there's no reason for us not to be excited too! Here's to a wonderful rest of the school year!
Emma and Julian at the Christmas party
No comments:
Post a Comment