Sunday, January 24, 2010

January fun!

January is almost gone--can't believe it! We are so so ready for Spring, and in the midst of planning our Summer Vacation! It can't get here soon enough! We received our first snow fall at the beginning of the month, and the kids had so much fun playing in it--although it was bitterly cold!

Emma is doing well in Kindergarten! She is excelling at reading, and is in the highest reading group. Mrs. Blanc emailed me and told me that Emma helps the group with all of the "big" words. She calls on Emma to help her, and she said that Emma never lets her down! Emma was included in last week's Kindergarten newsletter in the "bragging spot", and recognized for her reading skills! She amazes us every single day! Tomorrow is the 100th day of school, and the school has some big events planned. Emma will be sharing her project with the class!

Gabe is doing well at preschool--he never cries! Mrs. Michelle told me how well he does with the puzzles--and she asked him to help the other students! He loves going! He has started using the potty for his teacher! Before, he would use it here and then hold it at school! But now he uses it regularly at school! And he now likes to stand up and use it instead of sitting down! The other night, he was using it and Mike and I were standing there watching him. And he laughed, pointed and said, "Look it has a mouth!" We both lost it! Gabe is so funny--you never know what he's going to say! And of course he talks constantly. One morning Mike was leaving for work, and Gabe asked him, "Daddy you going to work to buy me trains?" Mike told him that he works to pay for his food, clothes, house, etc. Gabe said, "And trains?" Mike told him, "Yeah buddy, and trains." Glad Gabe has is priorities straight! LOL.

And mommy news--I am running my first mini marathon on April 24th!! I used to run pre-Emma and Gabe,but never more than 3 miles. I joined a gym last year, and have picked up running again. And then after Christmas I signed up at the gym to train with a group for the Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon--13.1 miles!! I will probably be running the Papa John's 10 miler as well--since that is part of our training. I am so excited about this new challenge, and it's so encouraging to run with a group! So after the mini is over, there will be 1 more month of school left. And then on to Summer Vacation--we are looking to head down to Destin, FL to spend a week at the beach! We were planning on Disney this summer, but decided to just have a relaxing vacation at the beach instead!


Tomorrow is the 100th day of school, and Emma made this poster for a class project! She glued 100 sequins to the numbers.




Last Wednesday, I sent Gabe to his room for timeout. And he fell asleep under his bed. I had to snap a picture before I pulled him out and woke him up!


Another project for the 100th day of school--Emma's school is making wall mural and Emma decorated the number "7".


Gabe and his "girlfriend" Riley--Last Wednesday was Pajama Day at preschool!



Snow fun! During the first week of January we had our first snow!We ended getting 4 inches (I believe). The kids had fun playing in it, but it was sooooo cold! After playing, we went inside for some yummy homemade hot chocolate!




Bed time--Notice he is sleeping with Lightening McQueen, Puppy and his favorite Aw Bear. I had to take the picture because he had Lightening McQueen all tucked in. LOL. He is really into Cars right now!





After his bath, and smelling so good!





Some more snow fun!







Gabe liked pulling the sled!


















2 comments:

Shannon said...

Reading this makes me miss you guys! Congrats on Emma for being such a great reader...I'm sure you're just so happy that you decided to send her to kindergarten this year. And thinking of Destin makes me jealous...we love that place. Jonah wants to go back this summer (we went in September) and stay for a month. :)

Julie said...

We miss you guys too Shannon--so much! And yes, the plan is to head to Destin for a week in June. I cannot wait for Summer!