I cannot believe that my little boy will be 4 on Sunday! We were looking at baby pictures last night, and it literally seems like yesterday that we were bringing our new baby boy home from the hospital. The years are flying by. Sunday we will have a family party at our house for him. And he and Emma will have a big (combined) party on the 29th at a gymnastics place in town. Gabe invited some of his little friends, and Emma invited some of hers. I know that the time will come when they will insist on having their own individual parties (probably next year), but they both agreed to having it together one more time. I still can't believe their birthdays are only 10 days apart! August is always one long month of birthday celebrations!
Gabe has been doing great at preschool. He likes his class and his teacher. Ms. Diana's class is certainly more structured than Ms. Michelle's 3 year old class was, but structure is what Gabe needs. And Ms.Diana does a wonderful job with getting them ready for Kindergarten.
Last night, we were driving home after eating dinner out, and Gabe said, "Daddy, mommy and Emma are in my family and in my heart." He melted mommy's and daddy's hearts.
And then, last night before bed, Gabe wanted to look at one of his baby photo albums. So we were looking at the pictures, and he started crying. I mean, a heartbroken cry with crocodile tears falling. He told me that he still wanted to be a baby. I told him that he was a big boy now, and that big boys get to do fun stuff that babies can't do--like play and run and play video games (which he loves). He finally stopped crying and was ready to turn the light out for bed. It took me off guard, and will certainly tell the pediatrician about it at his 4 year checkup.
I am so thankful for my sweet little boy, and am looking forward to celebrating his 4th birthday on Sunday!
1 comment:
So sweet, Julie. They are both growing up so fast! Looks like Ms. Diana got a new room...nice that it has a window now! Kate wishes she had her as well, but she's doing fine at her new school. I'm wishing she was there so I could catch up with you more often!
Post a Comment