Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

Well, I hope all of our friends had a better Labor Day weekend then we had! We did go up to the festival on Saturday, and had a lot of fun with our friends, Carmen and Charles, and their little boy Brendan. But Gabe wasn't eating a lot, and we could tell he didn't feel up to par. But we stayed for a few hours and ate some yummy food, and when we came home that night he was fine. He slept through the night, and yesterday he didn't eat much. Oh, and Mike woke up with the stomach bug yesterday morning, so he felt horrible all day yesterday.

Emma, Gabe and I met my parents and sister for dinner at Cracker Barrel, and Gabe didn't eat anything. And when we came home, he threw up again (sorry I am talking about this so much!) Anyways, my whole point is that this virus is apparently not a 24-hour bug, or even a 48-hour one. Gabe has not been himself since he took it on Thursday. Last night he slept all night again, and woke up this morning thirsty and hungry, which is a good sign! This virus has taken a lot out of his little body! But he's been playing today, and drinking which is the most important thing. I am so ready for this virus to leave my house! I have been bleaching everything.

So far, Emma and I haven't come down with it. And I am praying that we don't!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, Sorry to hear that your boys are sick...trust me, I know what this virus is like and it SUCKS! Mike and I had a very mild version and then Megan was sick for 5 days,..not constant, but would throw up a few times each day and then at the end the lovely diarhea started...then finally the day she started to drink and act normal, Michael got it and had if for another 6 days,...it was horrible! I hate puke! And 11 days straight of puke and poop I about had to check into the funny farm! Hope you and Emma stay healthy!
Melissa