Saturday, August 30, 2008

4-year checkup

Emma had her check-up on Thursday and did wonderful! First we did the developmental questionaire, and Emma loved it! She breezed through it, and according to that, she is on the level of a 5 year old! She did great on her hearing test, and her eye test went well: 20/25 on each eye. She weighs 40 pounds and is 40 inches long, which put her in the 75th percentile for both. And then came the dreaded part--shots! I had dreaded it all morning, even waking up with a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about it. I just knew she would do horrible. But Emma Caroline never ceases to amaze me. The nurse came in with the 3 different needles (4 vaccinations but only 3 sticks thank goodness)! Emma let me lay her on the table and I held her arms like I was giving her a big bear hug. And you know what? She didn't shed one tear. I was completely surprised! And she was so happy when she got to pick out her stickers--of course she chose Cinderella! And then we went to the candy store to pick out her treat!

In other news, Gabe picked up the Stomach bug. He threw up 3 times on Thursday, but Thursday night he slept through the night. And then he woke up Friday still feeling icky, but no more throwing up thank goodness! But today both Mike and I are feeling a bit queasy. Please, oh please, don't let me catch that. That virus just about kills me! We are heading up to WorldFest in Louisville on the river, so hopefully everything will be fine until we make it home. HOPEFULLY!

No comments: