Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gabe's fear of dolls...

I know, I know...I skipped Thanksgiving and jumped right into Christmas. I can't help it--this snowman was too cute to wait for! And Christmas is my favorite time of year, so why not start celebrating now? I have most of the kids' shopping done too--I'm so proud of myself! We are taking our Christmas pictures on Saturday, so that we get our Christmas cards back in time. Hopefully, Gabe will do okay. Jessica has a way of getting a good one of him regardless.

Tonight, I was giving Emma and Gabe a bath, and Emma brought one of her barbies in the tub, and Gabe was not fond of it to say the least. The dolls don't scare him just sitting in her room, but when she brings them in the bath, he becomes scared! Oh, and he is really scared of her 2 "head dolls"--the ones that have hair for styling but no body. She had her Dora one in the tub the other night, and it was floating in the water and he started crying and I had to get him out of the tub. So now when Emma wants to bring those dolls into the tub, we have to give them separate baths. Yesterday Emma was playing with a barbie downstairs, and she started chasing him with it and he hid behind me holding onto my leg. Oh, the joys of mother hood!

Mike and I are the proud owners of a Wii. I LOVE it. He was able to purchase it through his wellness program at work, and we also bought the wii fit. My muscles have been sore all week! Emma loves it too! I love being able to work out in the basement of my own home!

No comments: