Friday, February 27, 2009

G-A-B-E spells me!

My little boy is so amazing. Tonight we were in his room before bed, and he looked up at the letters on his wall and said, "G-A-B-E". I repeated the letters and told him yes, that the letters spelled Gabe! He won't say his name yet, he just refers to himself as "me". Anyway, he repeated the letters again and said, "G-A-B-E spells me!" It was so darn cute! He did this several more times before going to bed.


A few days a go we had dropped Emma off at preschool, and he was running around on the rugs out in the lobby. He started pointing to the numbers and letters on the rugs and repeating them. My friend Carrie was amazed. He also knows several of his colors! He is one smart (and cute) little boy who melts my heart every single day!

Last night, we had some thunderstorms and I was already awake when he woke up crying. I went into his room and picked him up and asked him if he wanted to sleep with mommy and daddy. He did, so I brought him to our bed. He tossed and turned of course. He is so used to sleeping by himself, that he can't fall asleep in our bed. The wind and storms were getting louder, so I went downstairs to check the weather to find out what was going on. He hopped out of bed with Mike to come find me, and we went back to bed. And he scooted over next to Mike and all I could hear were smacking sounds. Mike started laughing because Gabe was planting kisses all over his face. Then he scooted over next to me and started doing the same thing. It was the sweetest thing. After more tossing and turning, I asked him if he wanted to go back to his bed, and he shook his head yes. And that's where he went back to sleep finally!

So today, potty training did not go too well. After having several accidents, I gave up and put his diaper back on. We will try again tomorrow. He did sit on the potty several times today, and he is still interested. It will make things easier when warmer weather gets here and he doesn't have to wear so many clothes! But I am not going to force him and make him miserable. I am just going to let him go at his own pace. (We just need to get him fully trained before we can send him to preschool next August!) Emma was my little helper today--she was trying to get her little brother to use the potty "like a big boy"! It was so sweet!

No comments: