Monday, August 31, 2009

Heartland Festival 5K and parade!!

Saturday, I ran my first ever 5K (Heartland Festival) marathon!! And Mike took the kids on the 1 mile fun walk. So we left the house bright and early Saturday morning to get our exercise in! Wow is all I can say about how it felt to cross over that finish line! I can see how competing can become addictive! Mike said the fun walk took them a bit longer than he was expecting--LOL. I can only imagine since I know how our walks around the neighborhood go. The kids never get in a hurry, and like to stop and pick "flowers", aka weeds, and throw rocks. So he told me that by the time they made it to the finish line to watch me, they only made it there 5 minutes before I crossed the line! Emma made mommy a sign and was excited while she was waiting for mommy. Gabe was so excited too!

However, I am sorry to say that I have no pictures of me crossing the line. Let's just say that Mike was taking a picture and video of Emma and Gabe, and that he didn't think I would be crossing it so soon!! Guess we will have to wait for that picture until the NEXT race--yep, I'm already looking for the next one to compete in!

After the race was over, we ate breakfast at Panera, then watched the festival parade. So below are pictures from both!! Enjoy!





Gotta love small town parades!


Commanding General of Fort Knox, and his wife.


Mike said this was the new "Stryker" tank--it was so QUIET. Amazing!



Gabe was visiting mommy before the race started!





Here they are dancing to the music, after the race was over. They had a DJ and gave away door prizes. I won a prize as well!




Emma and Mommy watching the parade!






2 future marathon runners!








Here were the posted results--I came in 16th in my age group, and completed it in 30 minutes, 5 seconds!!!!!!! You can click on the picture for a larger view!








Emma and Gabe waiting for mommy--I have a feeling that I was crossing the finish line at the moment this one was taken!








Emma and the sign that she made!











GO MOMMY!!










Our little marathon runners!












Slowing down a bit...













Emma gave me a "good luck" kiss before the race started!
Gabe gave me one too--my babies!!
Another picture of the kids during the walk!

No comments: